Reduce the occurrences and impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and toxic stress among young children.
Support community-based research, planning and education efforts to identify gaps and opportunities to build trauma-informed practices, policies, and systems.
Timeframe for Applications
Call-by date: January 17, 2020
Application deadline: February 4, 2020
The Trust is interested in hearing from applicants who can facilitate deep community engagement efforts to learn about and map the root causes of trauma and toxic stress in our county. Proposals should also include plans to assess the alignment and efficacy of our community’s current efforts to prevent and mitigate trauma and toxic stress in the early years. Finally, proposals should outline a planning process that culminates in actionable recommendations about how to create more trauma-informed and healing-centered early childhood systems in our community.
Proposals can focus their assessment efforts on just one service system within the early childhood system (e.g., early childhood education; pediatric health; early intervention; social services) or can focus more broadly across the larger early childhood system. Proposed activities could include learning from trauma-informed approaches taken by other communities across and outside of our state, as well as broad-based awareness raising about toxic stress, trauma-informed care, secondary traumatic stress, and racial equity. Competitive applications will include concrete plans for how to deeply engage and center the experiences of the communities that disproportionately suffer from trauma and toxic stress in their mapping, assessment, and planning efforts.
Before applying, consider the following questions and requirements:
- Is your organization or work a good fit with the Trust?
- Are you located or operating in North Carolina?
- Does your work focus on improving quality of life and health for North Carolinians with low incomes?
- Do you primarily support populations experiencing poverty?
- These populations include: individuals living at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level; the uninsured; and those eligible for Medicaid and/or the free/reduced school lunch program.
- Are your clients (or focus population) residents of North Carolina? If yes, then you may fit our geographic criteria.
Organizations the Trust WILL fund:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations
- Governmental entities
Organizations the Trust WILL NOT fund:
- Faith-based organizations without 501(c)(3)
- Type III supporting organizations
- Organizations providing pass-through funds to an ineligible organization
Eligible? Contact us to schedule a consultation.