Increase active living in low-income communities.
Support community-based research and education efforts that engage residents in the process to better understand and build awareness of equitable access to recreation.
Support systems change approaches from the Halifax County Recreation Master Plan that create equitable access to recreation, which may include built environment, community education and engagement, and advocacy.
Timeframe for Applications
Call-by date: January 17, 2020
Application deadline: February 4, 2020
Beaufort and Halifax counties
Organizations in Halifax and Beaufort counties are working to promote greater access to recreational resources for residents with low incomes and groups that have been historically marginalized. To advance these efforts, the Trust is interested in supporting master recreation planning and built environment opportunities that promote equity in Beaufort County. We are also interested in promoting the coordination of countywide recreation activities in Halifax County. Competitive applications will directly engage the communities that disproportionately suffer from a lack of recreation assets.
Before applying, consider the following questions and requirements:
- Is your organization or work a good fit with the Trust?
- Are you located or operating in North Carolina?
- Does your work focus on improving quality of life and health for North Carolinians with low incomes?
- Do you primarily support populations experiencing poverty?
- These populations include: individuals living at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level; the uninsured; and those eligible for Medicaid and/or the free/reduced school lunch program.
- Are your clients (or focus population) residents of North Carolina? If yes, then you may fit our geographic criteria.
Organizations the Trust WILL fund:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations
- Governmental entities
Organizations the Trust WILL NOT fund:
- Faith-based organizations without 501(c)(3)
- Type III supporting organizations
- Organizations providing pass-through funds to an ineligible organization
Eligible? Contact us to schedule a consultation.