Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the local safety net system via coordination and alignment.
Support overall coordination, alignment, and collaboration among safety net providers in Winston-Salem and Forsyth County through planning, research, convening, and building better integrated referral networks.
Timeframe for Applications
The Trust is not currently accepting applications for this funding opportunity.
Comprehensive and coordinated safety net services can help to reduce the impact of shocks and stresses that disproportionally affect people living on low incomes. Ideally, a highly functioning, coordinated ecosystem of safety net services will help to increase the future economic stability for those needing crisis support now. Through this funding opportunity, the Trust seeks proposals to support the overall alignment and collaboration of local organizations that provide emergency assistance to Forsyth County residents.
Earlier this year, the Trust funded ncIMPACT to conduct a survey and hold focus groups to learn about the most pressing issues facing Forsyth County. That research reinforced what we had heard from other projects—that local safety net resources are numerous but not well coordinated, and people who need them most don’t always know how to access them.
Proposals might include coordinated strategic planning and convenings, strategic reviews of processes and protocols, data sharing and internal technology enhancements, or technical assistance to improve the overall effectiveness of the field. This work might include coordinated marketing among safety net providers, strategic communications planning and implementation, or coordinated community outreach campaigns.
Before applying, consider the following questions and requirements:
- Is your organization or work a good fit with the Trust?
- Are you located or operating in North Carolina?
- Does your work focus on improving quality of life and health for North Carolinians with low incomes?
- Do you primarily support populations experiencing poverty?
- These populations include: individuals living at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level; the uninsured; and those eligible for Medicaid and/or the free/reduced school lunch program.
- Are your clients (or focus population) residents of Forsyth County? If yes, then you may fit our geographic criteria.
Organizations the Trust WILL fund:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations
- Governmental entities
Organizations the Trust WILL NOT fund:
- Faith-based organizations without 501(c)(3)
- Type III supporting organizations
- Organizations providing pass-through funds to an ineligible organization
Eligible? Contact us to schedule a consultation.