Reduce rates of substance misuse and overdose deaths among the Medicaid and uninsured populations.
Implement evidence-informed and evidence-based approaches to accomplish goals.
Timeframe for Applications
Call-by date: September 25, 2020
Application deadline: October 8, 2020
In recent years, stakeholders in North Carolina have spent considerable time and energy crafting recommendations to confront the complex issues of behavioral health and substance use at the state level. A lack of treatment capacity, high uninsured rates in some sections of the population, and rising opioid overdose deaths prompted the creation of these plans.
Like many parts of the state, rural Healthy Places North Carolina communities are struggling to reduce rates of addiction to harmful substances and to decrease or eliminate overdose deaths.
Collaboratives in Beaufort County and the surrounding area aim to address addiction by collecting and analyzing data, offering programs such as medication assisted treatment, and raising awareness. This opportunity is for Beaufort County, in connection with the surrounding region, to implement evidence-informed and evidence-based interventions to address substance misuse.
Our mission is to serve financially vulnerable residents and to close racial disparities in health care, so we are particularly interested in how communities are addressing the needs of Medicaid and uninsured patients.
Before applying, consider the following questions and requirements:
- Is your organization or work a good fit with the Trust?
- Are you located or operating in North Carolina?
- Does your work focus on improving quality of life and health for North Carolinians with low incomes?
- Do you primarily support populations experiencing poverty?
- These populations include: individuals living at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level; the uninsured; and those eligible for Medicaid and/or the free/reduced school lunch program.
- Are your clients (or focus population) residents of North Carolina? If yes, then you may fit our geographic criteria.
Organizations the Trust WILL fund:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations
- Governmental entities
Organizations the Trust WILL NOT fund:
- Faith-based organizations without 501(c)(3)
- Type III supporting organizations
- Organizations providing pass-through funds to an ineligible organization
Eligible? Contact us to schedule a consultation.