We are excited to share a newly created hybrid Communications Associate role at the Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust. Here you will be a key member of our team with a broad range of duties focusing on advancing mission-aligned communications, branding, and messaging through content creation and storytelling. If you share in our vision of a just society that stands up against racism and changes the system to ensure equitable health, education, and economic outcomes, we invite you to apply today!
The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust was established in 1947 to improve the health and quality of life of people with low incomes in Forsyth County and around North Carolina. Today, the Trust works to achieve Mrs. Reynolds’ vision by supporting thriving North Carolina communities, thriving residents, equitable access to health care, and equitable health outcomes. By listening to and learning with communities, the Trust works to achieve long-term sustainable change to have a greater impact on the people Mrs. Reynolds asked the foundation to serve more than 70 years ago.
What the Job Looks Like
In this dynamic role, you will partner with our Director of Communications, consultants, and team on internal and external communications, project related and editorial communications support. Day-to-day you will focus on:
- Developing content and writing/editing documents, stories, and newsletters
- Translating and disseminating learning in ways that are accessible and useful to diverse audiences
- Ensuring relevance and consistency of the Trust’s voice and branding guidelines
- Building and maintaining press lists, managing contact lists and subscriber databases
Social Media & Website
- Leading all aspects of our online presence, including content strategy and development, and engaging with key partners and grantees across Trust platforms
- Creating original content, adapting, and disseminating stories and messages across a variety of platforms
- Maintaining and enhancing the Trust’s website, online portal, and data visualization tools
- Researching and assisting in the development of other activities to enhance visibility and efficiencies
Special Events, Projects, & Community Involvement
- Planning and coordinating events in collaboration with the team
- Tracking event/project timelines and deliverables
- Representing the Trust to other foundations and grant recipients
Important Qualifications to your Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or related area
- 3+ years of related experience. Prior experience working with nonprofits or other organizations advancing positive social change preferred
- Strong writing skills, and ability to utilize platforms to communicate for, and with, a variety of audiences
- Passion for working with the community, and communicating with various stakeholders
- Embracing and working through challenges with a mindset of continuous improvement, learning, and growth
- Creativity, technical experience and comfort, problem solving and interpersonal skills
What We Offer You
The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust is proud to offer a robust compensation package:
- Competitive salary in the $50,000 – $60,000/yr. range
- Employer-paid employee coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) funded by the Trust
- Company paid short-term disability, life and AD&D benefits
- Partial paid long-term disability and long-term care benefits
- 403(b) plan with employer match
- 20 days PTO and 13 paid holidays
I’m interested, how do I get started?
With your application, please include an updated resume and a brief cover letter detailing your qualifications for our position.
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter, all resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.