The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust is seeking a Grants Assistant with a broad range of duties focusing on supporting our grantmaking processes, knowledge management, and technology applications. If you share in our vision of a just society that stands up against racism and changes the system to ensure equitable health, education, and economic outcomes, we invite you to apply today!
The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust was established in 1947 to improve the health and quality of life of people with low incomes in Forsyth County and around North Carolina. Today, the Trust works to achieve Mrs. Reynolds’ vision by supporting thriving North Carolina communities, thriving residents, equitable access to health care, and equitable health outcomes. By listening to and learning with communities, the Trust works to achieve long-term sustainable change to have a greater impact on the people Mrs. Reynolds asked the foundation to serve more than 70 years ago.
What the Job Looks Like
As our Grants Assistant, you will provide crucial support for the Trust’s grantmaking and IT functions. Variety is abundant in this role – you will support our grants processes, manage our grants database, and provide IT support to our internal team. Day-to-day you may:
– Talk with nonprofits inquiring about funding opportunities, providing them with guidance and support
– Partner with our Program Officers throughout the grant cycle
– Conduct research and provide evaluation support to expand knowledge gained through learning and impact
– Coordinate scheduling with external partners in strategic bodies of work
– Create meeting agendas, and take notes at team meetings
– Upload documents into our Blackbaud database and generate reports for analysis and review
– Maintain the integrity of the Trust’s data ensuring a steady flow of information
– Develop and drive the implementation of a contacts database
– Play a supportive role in monitoring and maintaining the Trust’s technology systems, provide training and on-site problem-resolution support
– Support grantees in the grants management system to troubleshoot technology issues
– Track technology changes to determine the impact on the Trust and make recommendations
Important Qualifications to your Success
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in business, IT, Social Work, Psychology, or other related areas
- 3+ years of experience working with nonprofits or philanthropic organizations
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Creativity, technical expertise, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Passion for organizations advancing positive social change
What We Offer You
The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust is proud to offer a robust compensation package:
- Competitive salary in the $48,000 – $52,000/yr. range
- Employer-paid employee coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) funded by the Trust
- Company-paid short-term disability, life, and AD&D benefits
- Partial paid long-term disability and long-term care benefits
- 403(b) plan with employer match
- 20 days PTO and 13 paid holidays
I’m interested, how do I get started?
With your application, please include an updated resume and a brief cover letter detailing your qualifications for our position.
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter, all resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.