The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust is seeking a Health Program Officer to advance the Trust’s mission to improve the health outcomes of residents of North Carolina. In this critical role, you will focus grantmaking on the health and well-being of residents with low incomes and underserved communities while acting as the primary voice of the Trust’s goals, interests, and values. By using your passion for social improvement through philanthropy, your contributions will help to build a healthier, more equitable state.
The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust was established in 1947 to improve the health and quality of life of people with low incomes in Forsyth County and around North Carolina. Today, the Trust works to achieve Mrs. Reynolds’ vision by supporting thriving North Carolina communities, thriving residents, equitable access to health care, and equitable health outcomes. By listening to and learning with communities, the Trust works to achieve, long-term sustainable change to have a greater impact on the people Mrs. Reynolds asked the foundation to serve more than 70 years ago.
What the Job Looks Like
The Health Program Officer is a strategic thinker who can leverage and support the interests and resources of the community to utilize all philanthropic tools to build a healthier, more equitable state. You will work deeply in community and use evidence and data to focus on local and statewide transformation to help the Trust achieve strategic goals through the following activities:
- Develop and implement strategic bodies of work in both place-based efforts in specific regions of the state and in statewide initiatives.
- Collect information and analyze the systems and policies impacting the issues the Trust is attempting to influence.
- Strategize and make grant recommendations to the team based on understanding of inequities within communities.
- Gain insight into health issues and related institutions including an in-depth understanding of social drivers of health and convey trends, developments, and strategic recommendations to internal stakeholders.
- Develop deep relationships in specific communities while using influence at the state level.
- Oversee grantmaking process in assigned areas and work with grantees post grant award.
- Serve as the primary connection and representative of the Trust to external partners, stakeholders, and grantees.
- Gain a broad knowledge base on the field of philanthropy and develop partnerships with other foundations and funders to leverage investments in collaborative projects.
- Foster innovation with knowledge gained from the community and research in the field to develop new ideas and projects for possible piloting or implementation by the Trust.
Important Qualifications to your Success
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Master’s Degree in public health, social work, the social sciences or a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in public health, community engagement or organizing, diversity/equity/inclusion, business management, nonprofit, or policy/advocacy are required.
- Ability to work with individuals across all sectors of the community.
- Passion for working with underserved communities, community improvement, and social change.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to modulate style and approach to the audience.
- Sound strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel within North Carolina and availability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite is required, with the willingness to learn new software programs as required.
What We Offer You
Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (the Trust pays the entire cost of employee-only benefits coverage)
- HRA (Health Reimbursement Account) funded by The Trust
- Company paid STD, Life ,and AD&D benefits. Partial paid LTD, Long Term Care
- 403(b) plan with employer match
- PTO and paid holidays
I’m interested, how do I get started?
PLEASE NOTE – To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
- An updated resume
- Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position is required to be considered
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
If you already registered your account on Jobvite, click here to log in and check the status of your application
If you have not yet registered your account, click here to register
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.
If you are interested in applying, click here.
To learn more about what it means to join our team and other Trust career opportunities, click here.