The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust is seeking a Senior Program Officer – Local Impact in Forsyth County to focus grantmaking on activities that create long-term, sustainable solutions for vulnerable and underserved communities in Forsyth County. This critical leadership role is tasked with implementing the Trust’s mission to improve the health and quality of life of residents with low incomes, acting as the primary public voice of the Trust’s goals, interests, and values. By using your passion for social improvement through philanthropy, your contributions will help to build a healthier, more equitable state.
About Us and What We Offer You
The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust was established in 1947 to improve the health and quality of life of people with low incomes in Forsyth County and around North Carolina. Today, the Trust works to achieve Mrs. Reynolds’ vision by supporting thriving North Carolina communities, thriving residents, equitable access to health care, and equitable health outcomes. By listening to and learning with communities, the Trust works to achieve, long-term sustainable change to have a greater impact on the people Mrs. Reynolds asked the foundation to serve more than 70 years ago.
What the Job Looks Like
This role serves as a primary public voice of the Trust’s goals, interests, and values in Forsyth County and beyond. As Senior Program Officer, your advanced consultative and leadership skills will guide and create insight into opportunities to further the Trust’s objectives, aligning with strategic initiatives. Using advanced skills in areas such as policy, evaluation, public health, equity, and community engagement, you will be in a position to support the Trust goals across the organization and leverage resources in the community.
- Uses expertise and analytical skills to develop and implement strategic bodies of work consistent with the Trust mission, vision, values, and goals.
- Makes innovative and strategic grant recommendations for the implementation of the Trust’s place-based grantmaking and special initiatives based on advanced understanding of inequities within the communities served by the Trust.
- Acts as the primary contact to grantees, external partners, and other stakeholders, representing the Trust in Forsyth County, at the state level, and nationally.
- Oversees the grantmaking process from the pre-application to post-award phases to ensure operational effectiveness.
- Develops and consults on internal processes within areas of expertise to advance strategic implementation, analyzing complex processes within the Trust to promote more impactful grantmaking.
Important Qualifications for your Success
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in business, social sciences, health, or related field desired.
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in policy and advocacy, public health, or business management. Prior experience in philanthropy is a plus.
- Experience and aptitude for working on behalf of communities that have been marginalized.
- Broad knowledge of the systems and policies that impact communities with fewer resources, especially within Forsyth County.
- Experience in networking and influencing through community organizing, collaboration and/or partnership.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Results-oriented, with humility and a proven commitment to equity.
What We Offer You
Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (the Trust pays the entire cost of employee-only benefits coverage)
- HRA (Health Reimbursement Account) funded by The Trust
- Company paid STD, Life ,and AD&D benefits. Partial paid LTD, Long Term Care
- 403(b) plan with employer match
- PTO and paid holidays
I’m interested, how do I get started?
PLEASE NOTE – To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
- An updated resume
- Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position is required to be considered
- Salary requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
All applicants can check the status of their application by logging on to the myHR Partner web portal at www.myhrpartnerinc.com and logging on to your personal profile in the Job Postings area.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.
If you are interested in applying, click here.
To learn more about what it means to join our team and other Trust career opportunities, click here.