- Step 1) Access Eligibility
- Step 2) Consult
- Step 3) Apply
All potential applicants should read the Local Impact in Forsyth County program area guidelines and other resources for the program area to which you are applying before pursuing an advance consultation. Advance consultations must be scheduled and take place two to eight weeks prior to the application deadline. Guidelines, Application Tips and Attachment Instructions are available year-round on our Application Documents page..
Then, follow these steps:
- Review the most recent funding announcement
- Develop a one-page summary and preliminary budget for your project (budget examples are provided here)
- Schedule an advance consultation
- If you need directions to our office, click here
- Remember, the Forsyth County program area makes grants in Forsyth County only
Schedule an Advance Consultation
Applicants can begin scheduling advance consultations by selecting the correct program area contact below (based on your answers to the question on the Step 1 page).
Prospective Forsyth County program area applicants (inside Forsyth County), should contact our Program Coordinator by email or at 336-397-5521.
At the Advance Consultation meeting:
- Discuss your ideas and/or prospective application's match with the Trust's issues and funding interests
- Discuss how your proposed ideas will drive results and create lasting impact, specific to your target population
- Program officers provide feedback, which gives you the opportunity to follow-up on recommendations to strengthen your application
Step 3 details the actual application submission process.