Maintain or increase overall enrollment of low-income individuals in the Affordable Care Act and Medicaid.
Support data collection and dissemination to better understand Affordable Care Act enrollment and its impact on financially disadvantaged residents.
Timeframe for Applications
The Trust is not currently accepting applications for this funding opportunity.
Recently, the federal government has drastically ramped down funding for the navigator program, which provides funding for health insurance enrollment assistance. This has led to a reduction in nonprofit assistance across the country and the creation of new enrollment models. A better understanding of the effectiveness and benefits of in-person assistance could prove helpful for sustainability and improving enrollment efforts.
To meet this goal the Trust will support an analysis of nonprofit, in-person assistance to gain more information on its reach and efficacy. This may include data collection, interviews with consumers and stakeholders, survey research, or other quantitative and qualitative approaches. Applicants should be able to explain and disseminate information in ways that are digestible to a general audience.
Before applying, consider the following questions and requirements:
- Is your organization or work a good fit with the Trust?
- Are you located or operating in North Carolina?
- Does your work focus on improving quality of life and health for North Carolinians with low incomes?
- Do you primarily support populations experiencing poverty?
- These populations include: individuals living at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level; the uninsured; and those eligible for Medicaid and/or the free/reduced school lunch program.
- Are your clients (or focus population) residents of North Carolina? If yes, then you may fit our geographic criteria.
Organizations the Trust WILL fund:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations
- Governmental entities
Organizations the Trust WILL NOT fund:
- Faith-based organizations without 501(c)(3)
- Type III supporting organizations
- Organizations providing pass-through funds to an ineligible organization
Eligible? Contact us to schedule a consultation.