Build a more equitable food system where residents with low incomes have ongoing access to healthy food options.
Increase equitable access to recreation opportunities.
Convene, facilitate, and coordinate stakeholders to collectively address goals. This could include better coordination within and across systems and regularly convening community partners.
Timeframe for Applications
The Trust is not currently accepting applications for this funding opportunity.
Beaufort and McDowell counties
Organizations in Beaufort, McDowell, and surrounding counties are working to create more equitable food systems that provide greater opportunities for historically marginalized populations and healthier eating options in schools, daycare centers, and hospitals. These groups also are advocating for more equitable distribution of recreation opportunities. The collaboratives express an interest in greater coordination and equity training to ensure that partner organizations are coordinating effectively to increase their impact.
To help the community achieve these aims, the Trust is interested in proposals that coordinate networks or collaboratives. These networks should be diverse and engage stakeholders of different sizes and reach. They should also include Black, Latinx and financially vulnerable residents to ensure the people most impacted by inequities in the food and recreation systems help develop and implement solutions. Proposals can include funds for capacity building efforts such as equity training.
Before applying, consider the following questions and requirements:
- Is your organization or work a good fit with the Trust?
- Are you located or operating in North Carolina?
- Does your work focus on improving quality of life and health for North Carolinians with low incomes?
- Do you primarily support populations experiencing poverty?
- These populations include: individuals living at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level; the uninsured; and those eligible for Medicaid and/or the free/reduced school lunch program.
- Are your clients (or focus population) residents of Forsyth County? If yes, then you may fit our geographic criteria.
Organizations the Trust WILL fund:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations
- Governmental entities
Organizations the Trust WILL NOT fund:
- Faith-based organizations without 501(c)(3)
- Type III supporting organizations
- Organizations providing pass-through funds to an ineligible organization
Eligible? Contact us to schedule a consultation.