Ensure that all stakeholders, especially historically marginalized communities, are meaningfully engaged in seeking and implementing solutions to long-standing health challenges.
Provide general operating support to develop organizations that represent underprivileged populations, and provide programmatic funds and general operating support to these groups.
Timeframe for Applications
The Trust is not currently accepting applications for this funding opportunity.
Bladen, Columbus, Robeson, Edgecombe and Nash Counties
We recognize the need to develop additional capacity for organizations that are deeply connected to financially disadvantaged residents. To apply, organizations should be engaged, or demonstrate a willingness to engage, with identified countywide health improvement efforts.
In Nash and Edgecombe counties, local networks are working to address childhood trauma, reduce obesity, and decrease substance misuse rates. Bladen, Columbus, and Robeson counties are attempting to reduce substance misuse rates, address childhood trauma, and connect to statewide opportunities including Medicaid transformation and health insurance enrollment efforts to improve residents health. Rural Forward, based at the Foundation for Health Leadership & Innovation, will provide additional technical assistance to develop community-based organizations. Outcomes in Healthy Places counties are gauged by how different organizations are helping achieve locally-derived health goals.
Before applying, consider the following questions and requirements:
- Is your organization or work a good fit with the Trust?
- Are you located or operating in North Carolina?
- Does your work focus on improving quality of life and health for North Carolinians with low incomes?
- Do you primarily support populations experiencing poverty?
- These populations include: individuals living at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level; the uninsured; and those eligible for Medicaid and/or the free/reduced school lunch program.
- Are your clients (or focus population) residents of North Carolina? If yes, then you may fit our geographic criteria.
Organizations the Trust WILL fund:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations
- Governmental entities
Organizations the Trust WILL NOT fund:
- Faith-based organizations without 501(c)(3)
- Type III supporting organizations
- Organizations providing pass-through funds to an ineligible organization