Grow support for youth in Forsyth County, who have been disconnected from school and work, and increase the percentage who move into living wage jobs.
Build community, organizational, and individual capacity in areas with low incomes so that historically marginalized populations can participate in economic, education, and health improvement efforts.
Timeframe for Applications
Call-by date: January 26, 2021
Application deadline: February 16, 2021
Research indicates that about 14 percent of Forsyth County’s youth ages 16-24 are considered “disconnected,” meaning they are not currently engaged in the education system or economic opportunities. The Trust is interested in hearing from and building the capacity of grassroots organizations and groups working with justice involved youth. Through this work, grantees will participate in creating an action plan to reconnect youth to educational opportunities, including career and technical training that leads to employment; decrease the number of youth who drop out of school between the ages of 16-18; and develop solutions for support.
Before applying, consider the following questions and requirements:
- Is your organization or work a good fit with the Trust?
- Are you located or operating in North Carolina?
- Does your work focus on improving quality of life and health for North Carolinians with low incomes?
- Do you primarily support populations experiencing poverty?
- These populations include: individuals living at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level; the uninsured; and those eligible for Medicaid and/or the free/reduced school lunch program.
- Are your clients (or focus population) residents of North Carolina? If yes, then you may fit our geographic criteria.
Organizations the Trust WILL fund:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations
- Governmental entities
Organizations the Trust WILL NOT fund:
- Faith-based organizations without 501(c)(3)
- Type III supporting organizations
- Organizations providing pass-through funds to an ineligible organization
Eligible? Contact us to schedule a consultation.