At the Trust
I help oversee our grantmaking in eastern North Carolina and support strategy development, especially around access to care and expanding health insurance coverage. As a long-time resident of Greenville, I care deeply about improving this underserved section of our state.
I Work On
My Proudest Accomplishment
There is nothing more satisfying than helping a small group coalesce around an exciting idea and then seeing that seed sprout into a broad-based initiative for community improvement. During my time at the Trust, I’ve played a part in nurturing this process in places like Bertie, Beaufort, Hyde, and Columbus counties.
Before I Got Here
- Co-Director, Health Access Coalition, North Carolina Justice Center, a Raleigh-based policy and advocacy organization
- Policy Analyst, Health Access Coalition, North Carolina Justice Center
- Health and Education Reporter, Triangle Business Journal
Education and Awards
- Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Master of Arts in African American Studies, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and African American Studies, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
When the Day is Done
When I’m not reading, I’m usually running, either for exercise or to drop my children off at various activities. I also serve on the board for North Carolina AIDS Action Network.Back to all people