At the Trust
I oversee and coordinate the program team as we work to improve the health and quality of life for residents with low incomes, communities of color, and groups that have been marginalized. As a long-time resident of North Carolina, I care deeply about improving underserved areas of our state.
I Work On
My Proudest Accomplishment
There is nothing more satisfying than helping a small group coalesce around an exciting idea and then seeing that seed sprout into a broad-based initiative for community improvement. During my time at the Trust, I’ve played a part in nurturing this process in places like Bertie, Beaufort, Hyde, and Columbus counties.
Before I Got Here
- Co-Director, Health Access Coalition, North Carolina Justice Center, a Raleigh-based policy and advocacy organization
- Policy Analyst, Health Access Coalition, North Carolina Justice Center
- Health and Education Reporter, Triangle Business Journal
Education and Awards
- Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Master of Arts in African American Studies, University of Massachusetts at Amherst
- Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and African American Studies, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
When the Day is Done
When I’m not reading, I’m usually running, either for exercise or to drop my children off at various activities. I also serve on the board for North Carolina AIDS Action Network.Back to all people