At the Trust
I work every day to ensure the Trust’s investments achieve Mrs. Reynolds’ vision of improving the health and quality of life of North Carolinians. I lead strategic direction and am responsible for overall management of the Trust. As president, I represent the Trust and take a leadership role in philanthropy at the state and national level.
My Proudest Accomplishment
My proudest accomplishments are those of the Trust, including, after 70 years, setting a new strategic direction to achieve Mrs. Reynolds’ vision. I am excited that everything we do—our grantmaking, our messaging, and even our website—remain consistent with Mrs. Reynolds’ values, to inform our success today.
Before I Got Here
- Market Medical Director, Evolent Health
- North Carolina State Health Director and the Director of the Division of Public Health
- Executive Director, North Carolina Health and Wellness Trust Fund Commission
- Senior Medical Consultant, Community Care of North Carolina
- Pediatrician, Lumberton, NC
Education and Awards
- Bachelor of Arts, Harvard and Radcliffe Colleges
- Doctor of Medicine, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Master of Public Health, Harvard University School of Public Health
When the Day is Done
I serve on the boards of Reynolda House, Southeastern Council of Foundations, and the North Carolina Network of Grantmakers, and previously served as a board member for Action for Children North Carolina, North Carolina Institute of Medicine, and the North Carolina Pediatric Society. I am a board-certified pediatrician and fellow in American Academy of Pediatrics and an adjunct assistant professor at UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health. In addition, I have two beautiful boys, and I enjoy hiking, traveling, cooking, and reading.Back to all people