At the Trust
At the Trust, I work in close partnership with local communities to support promising programs, catalyze innovative ideas, and improve systems. By listening to the needs of communities and investing in local leaders—especially immigrants and people of color—I believe that we can build power for a healthier, more equitable future.
I Work On
My Proudest Accomplishment
At Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy, I identified systemic issues with Medicaid access for immigrant families in our state. Based on barriers that my clients experienced, we negotiated changes to the N.C. Medicaid eligibility manual that resulted in increased access to care for thousands of immigrant children and pregnant women.
Before I Got Here
- Co-lead, Protecting Immigrant Families Campaign, a network of 500+ organizations united to advance, protect and defend access to health care and public benefit programs for immigrants and their families.
- Senior Policy Attorney, The Center for Law and Social Policy
- Senior Attorney for Health Care Access, Charlotte Center for Legal Advocacy
- Board Member, Carolina Refugee Resettlement Agency
Education and Awards
- Bachelor of Science in Public Health, George Washington University
- Juris Doctor, Tulane University Law School
- Community Leadership Essentials, Center for Creative Leadership
- People Who Made Charlotte Better in 2015, Charlotte Observer
- New Leader in Advocacy Award, National Legal Aid & Public Defender Association
When the Day is Done
I enjoy planning vacations, exploring new places, adopting pets, and eating soup. After work you will find me out for a walk or run with my husband and our daughter in a stroller.Back to all people