At the Trust
I care about public policy issues ranging from health care to education to water quality to homelessness. That’s why I’ve spent years helping nonprofits and foundations tell their stories. My work includes creating public relations strategies to share the work of the Trust and our grantees, building relationships with the media, overseeing the website, and making the world of philanthropy understandable to everyone.
My Proudest Accomplishment
Since joining the Trust in 2012, I’ve provided leadership around the implementation of the Innovations in Rural Health Award, the public launches of Healthy Places NC and Great Expectations, and the Trust-funded KaBOOM! playgrounds in rural communities.
Before I Got Here
- Vice President, Community Media Workshop, a Chicago-area nonprofit
- Communications director and Editor, Minnesota 2020, a public policy think tank
- Senior Account Executive, Valerie Denney Communications, a public interest public relations firm in Chicago
Education and Awards
- Edwin J. Shaughnessy’s Quality of Life Award from the Publicity Club of Chicago for media work around police torture in Chicago
- Leadership Winston-Salem, Class of 2017
- Hull Fellows Leadership Program Graduate
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
When the Day is Done
I serve on Forsyth Futures’ Board of Directors, the Whitaker Elementary School PTA, and can’t get enough of the North Carolina sunshine. My husband RT and I love raising our two children, Trey and Margot, in the Tar Heel state.Back to all people