At the Trust
In this newly established role at the Trust, I am responsible for the leadership and supervision of the daily operational work of staff members across all Trust departments. With a focus on equity, justice, and systems change, I serve as the president’s strategic partner and direct staff, ensuring that the teams work cross-functionally and in support of the mission and vision of the Trust.
My Proudest Accomplishment
Championing and shining a spotlight on others. As an immigrant, I am proud of the leadership opportunities I have to work alongside people from all walks of life who show up for our community sharing their resilience, strength, empathy, leadership, service, connections, and influence. My life journey has shown me someone’s present circumstances never determines their ultimate destiny in life. With family and community, we can conquer hard things, together.
Before I Got Here
- Charlotte City Director, Walker’s Legacy
- Executive Director, Financial Security Charlotte
- Inaugural Executive Director, Leading on Opportunity – a Charlotte-Mecklenburg economic mobility initiative of the Foundation For The Carolinas
- Vice President of Initiatives and Public Policy, Sisters of Charity Foundation of South Carolina
- Senior Research Director, Sisters of Charity Foundation of South Carolina
- Adjunct Faculty, University of South Carolina College of Social Work
- President and CEO, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Columbia
Education and Awards
- Ph.D., University of South Carolina, College of Social Work
- M.S.W., University of Minnesota, School of Social Work
- Certification in Personal and Executive Coaching, The Coaching and Positive Psychology Institute
- Distinguished Alumni Award, University of Minnesota School of Social Work
- International Women’s Day WREN SC Trailblazers Award
- Alumna of the Year Award, University of South Carolina
When the Day is Done
I serve on the Board of the Southeastern Council of Foundations. I am a mother, social worker, social change advocate, connector, community, and sisterhood builder. I enjoy spending time with family and friends, as well as reading, writing, traveling, and keynote speaking. Beautiful places and kind people inspire me.
Back to all people