Utilize Medicaid reform and a value-based care environment to facilitate health improvement for financially disadvantaged North Carolinians.
Support system change efforts to collect and disseminate data and information that helps stakeholders understand how Medicaid reform and value-based care are impacting health outcomes for vulnerable populations and communities of color.
Timeframe for Applications
Call-by date: January 26, 2021
Application deadline: February 16, 2021
The Trust is interested in hearing from applicants who can independently collect and analyze data to understand how the shift to Medicaid managed care is impacting patient outcomes. This work could follow particular populations or conditions such as maternal health or chronic disease management. Potential grantees could also analyze data systems or algorithms used to shape services for vulnerable residents. We are especially concerned about how reform is impacting racial and geographic disparities in health. The Trust may support several approaches to this analysis. Applicants should be able to communicate about their research in ways that are digestible to the general public.
Before applying, consider the following questions and requirements:
- Is your organization or work a good fit with the Trust?
- Are you located or operating in North Carolina?
- Does your work focus on improving quality of life and health for North Carolinians with low incomes?
- Do you primarily support populations experiencing poverty?
- These populations include: individuals living at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level; the uninsured; and those eligible for Medicaid and/or the free/reduced school lunch program.
- Are your clients (or focus population) residents of North Carolina? If yes, then you may fit our geographic criteria.
Organizations the Trust WILL fund:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations
- Governmental entities
Organizations the Trust WILL NOT fund:
- Faith-based organizations without 501(c)(3)
- Type III supporting organizations
- Organizations providing pass-through funds to an ineligible organization
Eligible? Contact us to schedule a consultation.