Increase integrated, family-centered approaches that promote educational attainment and economic/career advancement of parents of young children in Forsyth County.
Support inclusive community centered design process to promote economic advancement for low-income parents with children ages birth to 8 years old.
Timeframe for Applications
The Trust is not currently accepting applications for this funding opportunity.
In order to identify the approaches best suited to Forsyth County, the Trust is seeking proposals from applicants who can facilitate community-centered design processes to learn about and assess the benefits and drawbacks to various two-generation approaches. Proposals should outline an inquiry process that centers the perspectives and leadership of people experiencing poverty and that culminates in actionable recommendations about the two-generation approaches that would best build on the strengths and meet the needs of Forsyth County families with young children experiencing poverty.
Applicants can propose an inquiry process focused on one type of two-generation support (aligning high-quality early childhood education with post-secondary education, for example), or across the full set of two-generation supports. Proposed activities should include plans for robust learning from two-generation approaches taken by other communities across and outside of our state. Competitive applications will include concrete plans for how to deeply engage and center the experiences of Forsyth County families with young children experiencing poverty in the design process.
Before applying, consider the following questions and requirements:
- Is your organization or work a good fit with the Trust?
- Are you located or operating in North Carolina?
- Does your work focus on improving quality of life and health for North Carolinians with low incomes?
- Do you primarily support populations experiencing poverty?
- These populations include: individuals living at or below 200 percent of the federal poverty level; the uninsured; and those eligible for Medicaid and/or the free/reduced school lunch program.
- Are your clients (or focus population) residents of North Carolina? If yes, then you may fit our geographic criteria.
Organizations the Trust WILL fund:
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations
- Governmental entities
Organizations the Trust WILL NOT fund:
- Faith-based organizations without 501(c)(3)
- Type III supporting organizations
- Organizations providing pass-through funds to an ineligible organization
Eligible? Contact us to schedule a consultation.