The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust is seeking a Finance and Human Resources Administrator that will be responsible for managing with accuracy the Trust’s finances and human resources functions. This role will support the strategic goals of the Trust along with overseeing various aspects including financials, accounting, payroll, facilities, purchasing, contract agreements, negotiations, and human resources.
The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust was established in 1947 to improve the health and quality of life of people with low incomes in Forsyth County and around North Carolina. Today, the Trust works to achieve Mrs. Reynolds’ vision by supporting thriving North Carolina communities, thriving residents, equitable access to health care, and equitable health outcomes. By listening to and learning with communities, the Trust works to achieve, long-term sustainable change to have a greater impact on the people Mrs. Reynolds asked the foundation to serve more than 70 years ago.
What the Job Looks Like
This dynamic role reports directly to the Executive Vice President, and will be responsible for the accounting, operations, and human resources functions. This will be accomplished through the following activities:
- Ensures accurate and complete financial accuracy
- Manages the Accounts Payable function, general ledger, and audit process
- Administers the budget creation process and maintains financial reports to support a line budget method
- Provides financial analyses and forecasts to support strong business decisions (e.g., financial analysis, scenario modeling, risk assessment, due diligence, etc.
- Coordinates with Trustee to secure appropriate financial transactions and approvals
- Ensures compliant, timely, and accurate administration of grants awarded by the Trust in collaboration with Programs and Grants teams
- Manages all capital improvements, including facility leases and purchases
- Negotiates all service contracts including company vehicles, business, and auto insurances
- Provides financial and contracting support for hardware and software purchases
- Completes payroll and maintains accurate payroll records
- Manages the self-service function of the payroll system
- Assists employees with questions related to payroll, benefits, and human resources concerns
- Updates supervisor regularly and elevates any issues immediately for guidance
Important Qualifications to your Success
- Accounting/Business bachelor’s degree. MBA, CPA, or human resources strongly preferred
- A minimum of 5- 7 years related experience required
- Experience in philanthropy and/or non-profit sector preferred, but not required
- Proficiency with computer software, including relational databases and Microsoft Office (e.g., QuickBooks, Excel, Salesforce, etc.)
- Strong business acumen with a solid understanding of strategic and operational business fundamentals
- Strong collaboration and interpersonal skills to work across departments
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker
- Strong project management, administrative, and organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Strong ethical standards, confidentiality, and personal integrity
- Ability to effectively interface with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the goals of the Trust
- Self-sufficient: willing to roll up sleeves; not dependent upon an army of support staff
What We Offer You
The Kate B. Reynolds Charitable Trust is proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay range- $75k – $95k annualized
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans (Trust pays full cost of employee-only coverage)
- HRA (Health Reimbursement Account) funded by the Trust
- Company paid STD, Life and AD&D benefits. Partial paid LTD, Long-Term Care
- 403(b) plan with employer match
- PTO and paid holidays
I’m interested, how do I get started?
PLEASE NOTE – To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
- An updated resume
- Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position is required to be considered
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a video interview.
To check on an application you’ve submitted:
If you already registered your account on Jobvite, click here to log in and check the status of your application
If you have not yet registered your account, click here to register
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.