At the Trust
I work with individuals and organizations seeking to improve the health and well-being of residents in their communities. I am the main point of contact for western North Carolina, but I am also involved with several statewide health initiatives. One significant aspect of my work is forging true partnerships with institutional structures and grassroots groups.
I Work On
My Proudest Accomplishment
Becoming a step-father to four boys who lost their father, unexpectedly, in 2012 has certainly not been an easy task, but it is one that has brought great joy and happiness and has significantly expanded previously fixed horizons in my life.
Before I Got Here
- Executive Director, NC Association of Free Clinics, a statewide membership organization
- Marketing Director, NC Association of Free Clinics
- Database Manager, Goodwill Industries of Northwest North Carolina, a regional nonprofit
Education and Awards
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication, Appalachian State University
- Duke University Nonprofit Management Program
- Center for Creative Leadership
- Member, North Carolina Institute of Medicine
When the Day is Done
I enjoy the outdoors—and annually try to hike a portion of the Appalachian Trail—spending time with family and friends, playing guitar, and reading. My wife Debbie and I spend a considerable amount of time just trying to corral four very active boys, so free time is a luxury.Back to all people