At the Trust
I work deeply in community to improve health and well-being, focusing on groups that have been marginalized, using an equity and population health lens. Through the Trust’s Healthy Places NC work, I am engaging with residents in some of North Carolina’s most vibrant yet underserved communities, to ensure that everyone has a seat at the table in improving their community’s health and well-being.
I Work On
My Proudest Accomplishment
I entered this field to help empower historically underserved communities to better their health for generations to come. My proudest accomplishment was leading a Photovoice project in Mat-Su, Alaska, working alongside community, helping them share their strengths and health challenges. I had the pleasure of presenting our research with these community leaders at the 2020 Alaska Public Health Summit.
Before I Got Here
- Community Health Fellow, Mat-Su Health Foundation
- Community Initiatives Assistant Planner, WellFlorida Council Inc.
- Rural Health Advocacy and Policy Intern, Suwanee River AHEC
- Soccer Official, University of Florida Department of Recreational Sports
Education and Awards
- Master of Public Health, University of Florida, College of Public Health and Health Professions
- Member, Public Health Honorary Society, University of Florida, Delta Omega – Beta Upsilon Chapter
- Bachelor of Science in Biology and Minor in Chemistry, University of Tampa
When the Day is Done
Given the knowledge and opportunities I have gained from doing my M.P.H., I share useful information for my fellow public health family on my platform – thePHmillennial. It gives me joy to assist others who are trying to find their path in public health. You can also find me reading a book or a public health-related paper, or watching my favorite soccer teams play—Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Trinidad & Tobago, and The Netherlands!Back to all people